Posting Date: 08.31.2018
Tessy Plastics Corporation is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team. The Engineer will interact daily with Tessy’s Automation Technicians and Cell Managers to address problems related to automation. They will use sound reasoning and step by step troubleshooting to access the root cause of automation issues and utilize their knowledge and skill to provide solutions. The Automation Engineer must work collaboratively with internal and external customers to ensure that customer expectations are being met. The Automation Engineer will be assigned to specific automation projects and will be responsible to insure that all quality, safety and productivity initiatives are met in completion of the project.
- Responsible for design and manufacture of various sub-assemblies and systems. These may include but are not limited to, end of arm tooling, automated conveyors and various fixtures.
- Must work closely with the Production and Quality departments to trial new automation systems and improve efficiency of current systems.
- Must follow up on automation performance during daily production runs to assure quality and efficiency are maintained.
- Must work collaboratively with the Sales department in order to provide quotes for new automation and provide automation support as needed.
- Must work with Mold Engineers and Cell Managers on the specification of mold robots, conveyor systems and other equipment associated with automated work cells.
- Must work collaboratively with all automation groups to insure that daily production goals are met.
Experience & Skills
- Communicates effectively, in oral and written communications. Translates company procedures and technical data into information that internal or external customers will understand.
- Implements and manages change by clarifying new processes and continuously providing communication to support change. Recognizes areas for improvement and takes actions to implement those improvements.
- Solves problems effectively by considering alternative solutions and possible consequences and takes into account other perspectives before making decisions.
- Attention to detail with thoroughness in accomplishing tasks. Monitors and checks work, plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Builds strong relationships, works effectively and relates well with others including coworkers and those outside the organization. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- High school diploma or GED and one or more of the following: a four year college degree and at least two years of experience working with automation in a manufacturing environment, two year degree with at least eight years of experience working with automation in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in CAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to gather and analyze information, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and interpret mold drawings.
- Possess an attention for detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data to identify and resolve problems.
- Possess a strong understanding of Math to include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to working situations.
- College degree in relevant coursework: Mechanical or Electrical engineering/ technology.