Posting Date: 06.25.2018
Tessy's Warehouse Clerks (level I, II and III) are responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with the daily processes of the warehouse including the operation of various power industrial vehicles (PIV) as well as the tracking, searching and reporting of inventory using procedures put in place by the Supply Chain Manager and/or Warehouse Manager. They must work collaboratively with other departments within Tessy to ensure a safe, efficient and effective warehouse environment.
- Assists with storing and/or loading and unloading of materials, safely and independently while using various power industrial vehicles (PIV) such as sit down and standup forklifts and powered pallet trucks.
- Uses electronic, computerized equipment, such as inventory scan guns, to assist with preparation, visual inspection and routing of materials, for storage, shipping or production use.
- Tracks, searches and assists in warehouse moves based on an understanding of Tessy Work instructions and FIFO procedures.
- Ability to perform forklift battery maintenance, PIV pre-trip inspection and basic preventative maintenance and daily reporting.
- Perform shipping related tasks using outside carriers such as UPS and/or FedEx.
- Must troubleshoot and repair and wrapper to maintain efficient operations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in either Tessy shipping procedures or Tessy receiving procedures.
- Perform cycle counting with a thorough understanding of the process.
- Navigate customer shipping portals, create and manage electronic shipping documents.
- Supervise Level I and II
- Perform standard accident response and review procedures.
- Conduct Forklift training and post-accident retraining.
- Perform truck driver duties such as: Ensuring timely and efficient delivery and/or pickup of damage free product and accurate paperwork (including expense reports, tax paperwork and Fleet Log book per DOT standards). Assist in maintenance and care of external vehicles and maintain a clean and damage free warehouse.
Experience & Skills
- Communicates effectively, in oral and written communications. Articulates and communicates thoughts clearly.
- Attention to detail with thoroughness in accomplishing tasks. Monitors and checks work, plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Solves problems effectively by considering alternative solutions and possible consequences and takes into account other perspectives before making decisions
- (II) Develops self and others by coaching and providing appropriate level of support with timely feedback and delegates tasks appropriately to their direct reports.
- A High School Diploma, GED and/or a minimum 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Tessy Plastics PIV license.
- Possess an attention for detail with a high degree of accuracy
- (I) Basic computer experience/ proficiency. (II & III) Advanced computer experience and proficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, and SOPs, as well as write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to problem solve involving several variables in working situations.
- Participation and successful completion of powered industrial vehicle (PIV) random drug testing pool.
- (II & III) Ability and willingness to become certified as spill responder, Haz-mat trained and IATA trained (in order to ship lithium batteries).
- (III) Ability and willingness to become Forklift “train the trainer” certified as well as trained in accident response and review.
- (III) Must possess a minimum of a CDL B License.
- 6 months IQMS experience.
- (III) CDL A License
- (III) Previous outside supervisory experience.