Toolmaker Mold Maintenance and Repair -
Posting Date: 12.23.2019
- Assemble and disassemble complex injection molds
- Refurbish and repair injection molds.
- Perform long term and short term P.M.'s on a determined schedule.
- Help determine P.M. schedules.
- Document all work in a database including dimensions from performed work.
- Ability to use advanced measuring equipment to measure +- .00010.
- Ability to surface grind within +- .00010.
- Ability to set up grinding fixtures (rotating, sine plate, vise) to grind within +-.00010.
- Ability to set up and turn material on a lathe within +-.0010.
- Ability to set up and operate a mill material within +-.0010.
- Ability to rework welded components using equipment and hand blending.
- Relevant understanding of injection mold functions.
- Relevant understanding of injection molding process such as injection pressure, cooling, ejection, coring.
- Ability to determine probable causes of mold and molded part defects and apply possible remedies in a logical approach.
- Ability to polish tool steels.
- Ability to texture tools steels.
- Ability to work under a microscope.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to improve skills through training, seminars, and classes.
- Must be willing to train new or less skilled employees.
- Must be willing to work independently in a steady professional manner.
- Must be willing to plan the workday to include cleaning and returning equipment.
- Must be willing to work with multiple department employees to achieve goals.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Coveted Other Skills -
- Welding T.I.G. and or L.A.S.E.R.
- E.D.M. sinker or wire.
- L.A.S.E.R. engraving.
- Office software Word, Excel.
- Ability to work on hot runners.