Sales Account Manager - Medical Products
Posting Date: 06.28.2018
Tessy Plastics Corporation is looking for an Account Manager to join our Sales Team. This individual would be responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to pursuing, procurement and retention of customers or potential customers in the Medical Industry for Tessy Plastics. They are responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of internal and external customers while working collaboratively with all departments. The Account Manager will work using internal and external resources to optimize profitability on business with assigned customers.
- Introduce Tessy to prospective new customers. Be the single point of contact at Tessy for the assigned customer(s).
- Maintain current business with assigned customer(s).
- Pursue new business with assigned customer(s) or potential customer(s).
- Build and Maintain relationships with people of all disciplines (i.e. purchasing, engineering, quality, and manufacturing) at the customer’s location.
- Travel to assigned customer locations to maintain and build the personal relationship.
- Manage all new and old part quote activity with assigned customers, making sure bids are completed and submitted on time.
- Review and gain concurrence on acceptance of all details of a customer’s contracts through communication and internal negotiations.
- Negotiate internal and external details of any customer contract. Make sure Tessy is in compliance with the details of a customer contract or get approval for any deviations from the contract.
Experience & Skills
- Communicates effectively, in oral and written communications. Translates company policies into information that internal or external customers will understand.
- Implements and manages change by clarifying new processes and continuously providing communication to support change. Recognizes areas for improvement and takes actions to implement those improvements.
- Solves problems effectively by considering alternative solutions and possible consequences and takes into account other perspectives before making decisions.
- Attention to detail with thoroughness in accomplishing tasks. Monitors and checks work, plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Builds strong relationships, works effectively and relates well with others including coworkers and those outside the organization. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years’ of sales experience in an injection molding environment working specifically with medical or pharmaceutical products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to gather and analyze information, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with part weight, geometric formulas, and molding parameters.
- Possess an attention for detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Advanced computer experience/proficiency. Including experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific, business and technical journals. As well as to write routine reports, contracts and correspondences.
- Possess a strong understanding of Math to include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Proven experience working knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, Applications Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Plastics Technology.
- Degree in related field.
- Strong functional knowledge in Sales, quality standards, custom injection molding and automation.
- Previous experience in technical support