POSTING DATE: 12.18.2020
The Janitor is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the general cleaning inside and outside of the Tessy Plastics facilities. While some job duties are scheduled and pre-defined, a portion of the janitorial job function is to address cleaning related needs that may unexpectedly arise during their scheduled shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|1. Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment for all employees including but not limited to: mopping and general cleaning of bathrooms, break rooms, offices and other areas as assigned.||40||E|
|2. Must separate recyclable materials and ensure appropriate handling and storage as directed by Janitorial Supervisor.||10||E|
|3. Safe operation of housekeeping mechanical devices such cardboard bailers, vacuum cleaners and floor scrubbers.||15||E|
|4. Maintain appropriate levels of janitorial paper supplies (such as paper towels and toilet paper) and linens in break rooms, bathrooms, offices and other areas assigned.||10||E|
|5. Assists with washing of windows throughout the facilities.||5||N|
|6. Assists with outdoor tasks such as snow removal, salting of walkways and general grounds cleanup (includes cigarette butts as needed).||10-20||N|
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO ENCOMPASS ALL DUTIES. THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL DUTIES ASSIGNED BY YOUR SUPERVISOR BASED ON BUSINESS NEEDS.
- Requires at least 6 months verifiable and consecutive work experience
- Recent attendance of (or graduation from) an educational institution may be substituted for work experience
- Ability to follow work instruction and respond to management direction
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Experience with industrial control systems and electrical systems
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Previous Janitorial experience
Individuals should posses the following competencies to perform the job successfully. Individuals should possess the following competencies to perform the job successfully. 1. Communicates effectively, in oral and written communications. Articulates and communicates thoughts clearly. Translates technical and/or procedural requirements into information that operators will understand. 2. Attention to detail with thoroughness in accomplishing tasks. Monitors and checks work, plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, vibration and an environment with moderate noise levels. May be required to work in a controlled environment requiring special garb (ex. coats, hairnets, and facial hair guards), gloves and prohibiting specific items. May be required to work in inclement weather and uncontrolled temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made through our interactive process to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. The employee must:
- Be able to move body through different positions to allow safe and thorough cleaning of work areas and equipment as assigned.
- Be able to adhere to all safety procedures and practices.
- Be able to adhere to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) while utilizing tools, equipment, and safety devices to efficiently complete assigned work.
- Have the ability to work in a standing/walking position on a frequent basis is required when performing job. The duration may be up to the scheduled work hours. Sitting may be required on an occasional basis when operating floor scrubber.
- Be able to walk, climb stairs, squat, crouch, stoop and bend forward/sideways without aids/assistive devices on occasional to frequent basis.
- Be able to push and pull with light to moderate force such as when mopping and vacuuming.
- Have sufficient strength and movement in upper body/arms and hands to perform repetitive forward reaching.
- Be able to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while working.
- Be able to seize, pinch, hold and grasp items typical of this job with good dexterity with both hands, throughout the work shift.
- Have the ability to lift, lower and carry up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (1/3 of workday) and 10-25 on a frequent basis (2/3 of workday).
Have specific vision abilities required by this job include: color discrimination, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Must possess sight and hearing senses or by the use of prosthetics that enable these senses to function adequately. Based on the weight and frequency of material handling and required non-handling activities, the typical day-to-day job demands of a Janitor carry the physical demand rating classification of Medium. This rating is set forth by The United States Department of Labor. *Please Note: Physical demands vary by job title, plant location, and product design.Share: