Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Posting Date: 06.18.2018
Tessy Plastics Corporation is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our Purchasing Department. This individual would be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with purchasing functions. They must be able to manage the day to day which involves 43 silos of resin and over 2,000 sku’s. He/she must take input related to the purchasing operations and communicate to multiple departments and suppliers. This position requires a strong attention to detail, follow up and a thorough understanding of manufacturing. Through the use of data driven analysis focusing on total cost of ownership this position should work to achieve the best value for Tessy Plastics.
- Ability to implement strategic initiative aimed at cost control, productivity, continuity of supply, and operational efficiency by developing and maintaining professional relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Manage/update pricing and adjustments for all key materials and share information to all parties. Negotiate pricing and terms for assigned commodities such as PE, PP and PET additives and colorants.
- Analyze global market information to understand upstream cost drivers and the effect on market pricing, including supply and demand dynamics. Generate and maintain various reports and monthly market overview reports on key commodities.
- Identify potential new suppliers and products with the goal of identifying new and redundant sources of supply based on competitiveness, capability and business needs. Lead cross functional team to quality. Identify and take advantage of spot buy opportunities when available.
- Must investigate, identify and communicate issues, root cause(s) and assist in the identification of corrective actions.
Experience & Skills
- Communicates effectively, in oral and written communications. Translates technical and/or procedural requirements into information that internal or external customers will understand. Uses active listening skills.
- Demonstrates functional and technical skills by understanding how profitability is impacted within their area and responsilbity and the company as a whole. Speaks competently concerning a wide range of business issues, translates complex business situations into understandable language.
- Solves problems effectively by considering alternative solutions and possible consequesnces and takes into account other perspectives before making decisions.
- Organizes effectively by establishing clear and precise work plans and resource estimates utilizing a structure system. Meets project goals and deadlines. Anticipates problems and plans for contingencies.
- Experience in sourcing and negotiating with global resin, colorant and additive suppliers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to gather and analyze information, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Possess an attention for detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Advanced computer experience and proficiency.
- Ability to follow work instructions and respond to management direction.
- In depth knowledge of the use of ERP/MRP systems.
- Must apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to problem solve involving several variables in working situations.
- Experience with sourcing in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- A BS degree in business, management or other related discipline with a minimum of 10 years experience in sourcing and negotiating with global resin, colorant and additive suppliers.
- Experience with IQMS and/or a similar system.